Nonprofit Debt Management: What to Know
CreditGUARD: A Credit Counseling Agency You Can Trust
Since 1991, we’ve helped thousands of people just like you get out of debt. In fact we’ve helped consumers by paying out over $1.7 billion and counting to their creditors, saving them hard earned money by lowering their interest rates, and getting them a lower monthly payment that they can afford. Our nonprofit debt solutions help you get out of debt quicker and easier, and help you remain debt-free.
The purpose of a debt management program is to help reduce both your total amount of debt and the amount of time it takes for you to successfully pay it off.
Our debt specialists work with your creditors to negotiate lower monthly payments and decrease or eliminate your credit card interest. We can reduce your existing payments by up to 60 percent by consolidating your bills into a single monthly payment. Depending on the creditor, we may also be able to get them to waive all your late fees, all your penalty fees, and work with them to help bring your accounts back to “current status” after three months.
Our 4-Step Approach to Debt Management
Debt management is a program that helps reduce your amount of debt as well as the time it takes to pay off that debt. You will work with a credit counselor who will negotiate with your creditors on your behalf to help reduce your rates, create a payment plan and stop those harassing collection calls and letters.
- One of our credit counselors will start by taking an in-depth look at your various unsecured debts to help prioritize where your money should go. Your unsecured debts are ones like your credit cards, medical bills, student loans and personal loans.
- After assessing your financial situation, we will then contact your creditors on your behalf to help reduce your outstanding interest and lower your payments by up to 50 percent.
- Once we’re finished negotiating with the creditors, we will consolidate your various debts into one easy and affordable monthly payment.
- Our credit counseling services go beyond just getting you out of debt. Our final step of the process involves helping you stay debt free. We will provide ongoing support and provide you with financial education to teach you the skills you need to stay out of debt.
What to Expect from Our Program
From start to finish, here’s what our program will do for you:
- Provide a confidential consultation with a certified credit counselor to determine the best solution for your needs
- Negotiate with the creditors on your behalf to get you the lowest possible payment
- Cut your interest rates by up to 50 percent (depending on your situation we may be able to eliminate them all together)
- Reset your accounts to current
- Stop late fees
- Discontinue over-limit fees
- Stop collection calls
- Collect one affordable monthly payment from you and pay off all outstanding debt on your behalf
- Provide ongoing credit counseling and financial education
- Promise superior customer service both through our secured web experience and our highly skilled staff.
Why Choose CreditGUARD of America?
- We’re one of the longest running nonprofit debt management companies at 26 years in business.
- Since 1991, we’ve saved over 50,000 Americans over $1.7 billion in debt and interest charges.
- Because of our strong relationships with the credit card companies, we’re able to secure the best possible interest rates on your bills.
- Our Better Business Bureau A+ rating shows us to be a trusted industry leader.
How Much Does The Debt Management Program Cost?
Our members pay a low initial setup fee and then a monthly fee equal to 1.2 percent of their total balance up to a maximum of $55.00 per month. (Please note that this fee may vary depending on your location.)
What to Have When You Call
Before calling to talk with a credit counselor, make sure you have:
- Your most recent monthly credit card statement(s)
- Your monthly household income
- A list of your various monthly bills and obligations
If you’re ready to get out of debt once and for all, then contact us online by filling out the form above, or by calling CreditGuard of America at 1-800-500-6489.
Certified Credit Counselors are available Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 10:00 pm Eastern, Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm Eastern, Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Eastern.
It’s time for you to stop surviving and start living!
For more information on managing debt and other financial topics, explore these resources:
The Ultimate Debt Survival Guide. In addition to providing personalized debt management programs, we’ve got a host of free resources available online. This guide is a great starting point for learning how to manage your money and get out of debt.
Expert Tips for Managing Credit Card Debt. A growing number of Americans deal with credit card debt every day. Check out our best practices for getting out – and staying out! – of this type of debt.
Understanding Debt Collection. Working with debt collection services can be daunting, but we’re here to help. Read through our educational articles on debt collection to equip yourself with essential knowledge (and helpful advice).
Find Debt Relief Today!
Find Debt Relief Today!
Certified Credit Counselors are available Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern.
For more information on debt consolidation, please visit:
Why Choose CreditGuard? Learn what sets our debt consolidation services apart from the rest and how we can help you take control of your debt.
The Ultimate Debt Survival Guide. Need some practical advice for dealing with debt? You’ve come to the right place. This free downloadable guide can teach you the basics of managing debt (and more).
Is Debt Settlement a Good Idea? Debt settlement and debt consolidation are not the same. Learn more about the process (and consequences) of settling your debts before going down that path.