Credit Counseling and Debt Consolidation in Louisiana
From time to time, even the most careful consumers often find themselves in debt. Once you’ve slid into debt, it may be hard to escape without a little help. Fortunately, CreditGUARD of America, Inc. is here to help hard-working people like you.
CreditGUARD has been a trusted name in the nonprofit credit counseling industry for more than 20 years. We offer customized debt management plans as well as an array of credit counseling resources. No matter how much debt you’re carrying or how many payments you’ve missed, we will work hard to reduce your burden. Along the way, you’ll have access at all times to a trustworthy team of credit counselors.
Find Debt Relief Today!
Our trained professionals will assist you in all aspects of personal finance. First, they’ll provide valuable information about your rights as a borrower. You can use this information to stop annoying collection calls. Thanks to CreditGUARD, you will feel more relaxed in your own home.
In addition, CreditGUARD’s credit counselors can provide common sense tips on managing your household’s budget. Many of these tips are also available on our website. For instance, our site provides detailed information on financing the purchase of a new home and maintaining a frugal household budget. Our site pages are also filled with educational information about credit reporting, credit analysis, and borrowers’ rights.
Effective Debt Consolidation in Louisiana
Our credit counselors can also consolidate all of your unsecured debts into a single monthly bill. You’ll no longer pay off your credit cards, department-store credit facilities, and medical bills individually. Instead, you’ll make just one payment per month at a greatly reduced interest rate. This will help you get back on your feet and may eliminate the need for you to take out yet another loan. Complete the free online form or call 800-589-1643 to discover the benefits of Louisiana debt consolidation with CreditGUARD today.
Clients We’ve helped in Louisiana
No Rows Returned for SQL select city, savings from client_savings_demographics where state = 'la' and savings > 100 ORDER BY csa_id DESC LIMIT 10
We can help you get out of debt in Louisiana. Call us at 800-589-1643 to find out how!
This client I assisted lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A few years ago she had been divorced, and was left with many bills. She also has her eldest son living with her because of the economy, and this has put such a strain on her income that she is falling behind on the accounts. Before her accounts become charged off and she has to work with collection agencies, she wants to get started with our program which will help her get back on track and start paying down her balances. Instead of playing catch up, they will be shown as current and she will not have any more late fees on her accounts. In this way, she will have these paid off in only 4 years and 8 months, and save more than her debt in interest. She also will not have to worry about the creditors calling anymore once she has been making payments on the program.
A man from Monroe, Louisiana called and asked if we could help him with secured debt for which he was behind. He had a chapter 13 bankruptcy discharged because he lost his job. He had some unsecured debt as well that was included in the bankruptcy. He was also behind on his car loan and a few payday loans. Given that the chapter 13 was discharged from lack of payment I live transferred him to bankruptcy assistance. When I announced the call I told them the client situation and they said he would be a candidate for chapter 7 bankruptcy. I transferred the data and the call.
From: Louisiana Statute RS 14:331
331. Prohibition of debt adjusting when conducted for profit
A. Except as otherwise provided herein, no person shall engage in the business of debt adjusting.
B. As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) “Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, trust, firm, association or other legal entity.
(2) “Debt adjusting” means the making of a contract, express or implied, with a debtor whereby the debtor agrees to pay a certain amount of money or other thing of value periodically to the person engaged in the debt adjusting business who shall, for a consideration, distribute the same among certain specified creditors in accordance with a plan agreed upon. The term includes debt adjustment, budget counseling, debt management or debt pooling service or the holding of oneself out, by words of similar import, as providing services to debtors in the management of their debts and contracting with the debtor for a fee to (a) effect the adjustment, compromise, or discharge of any account, note, or other indebtedness, of the debtor, or (b) receive from the debtor and disperse to his creditors any money or other thing of value.
C. This section shall not apply to:
(1) Situations involving debt adjusting incurred incidentally in the lawful practice of law in this state;
(2) Banks and fiduciaries, as duly authorized and admitted to transact business in this state and performing credit and financial adjusting service in the regular course of their principal business;
(3) Title insurers and abstract companies, while doing an escrow business;
(4) Judicial officers or others acting under court orders;
(5) Nonprofit or charitable corporations or associations engaged in debt adjusting;
Find Debt Relief Today!
Certified Credit Counselors are available Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern.
For more information on debt consolidation, please visit:
Why Choose CreditGuard? Learn what sets our debt consolidation services apart from the rest and how we can help you take control of your debt.
The Ultimate Debt Survival Guide. Need some practical advice for dealing with debt? You’ve come to the right place. This free downloadable guide can teach you the basics of managing debt (and more).
Is Debt Settlement a Good Idea? Debt settlement and debt consolidation are not the same. Learn more about the process (and consequences) of settling your debts before going down that path.