See How Much Money We Can Save You!
Non Profit Consumer Credit Counseling Services
CreditGUARD of America, Inc. is an independent, nonprofit credit counseling agency that is committed to providing innovative solutions for simple to complicated debt issues. We will help you get out of debt through our best credit counseling. CreditGUARD provides credit counseling and debt management along with free financial education to consumers throughout the United States, using state-of-the-art technology and superior customer service.
Get Out of Debt and Stay Out of Debt
Through financial education, our nonprofit credit counseling agency hopes to prevent the consumers from falling into the “debt trap” and help those already in trouble. Our online education resources provide comprehensive information regarding the effects of best credit counseling over debt collection and money management.
The first step toward tackling your debt is recognizing exactly how it started. Our certified credit counselors will go through all your various secured and unsecured debts to get an accurate picture of your financial situation. After, they’ll work with you to help you create a budget that fits your needs.
Different Types of Debt
What do we mean by unsecured debt? Debts that aren’t attached to specific assets are considered unsecured, whereas debts that are attached to specific assets are considered secured. See below for a few examples of both types of debt.
- Credit cards
- Medical bills
- Personal loans
- Car loans
Nonprofit Credit Counseling: How it Works
If you’re having trouble making ends meet, you’re not alone. The average American household owes more than $15,000 in credit card debt. And with the average cost of living continually increasing, it’s no wonder more and more people are falling in debt.
Our consumer credit counseling services help you stay on track with your monthly payments. In addition to our credit-savvy advice, our credit counselors offer a variety of ways to help you better manage your finances. We set you up on a balanced budget that works.
Credit counseling services are broken down into two categories: for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Most for-profit agencies tend to charge much higher fees and advocate services that may not be in the customer’s best interest. On the other hand, nonprofit agencies like CreditGUARD charge lower fees, are frequently able to waive fees and also offer a variety of free services including money management advice and credit counseling sessions.
Our nonprofit credit counseling program helps you learn to live within your means. Our counselors offer a variety of ways to help you better manage your finances. Here’s how our credit counseling services work:
- We take an in-depth look at your unsecured debt (such as credit cards, medical bills and personal loans) and secured debt (such as mortgages and car loans), as well as your household expenses and personal income to come up with a payment plan that works for you.
- We then help you stay on top of your payments by working to combine most of your various debts into one smaller, more manageable bill.
- We’ll also help you stay on top of your finances by setting up a payment plan you can follow.
If you’re in danger of falling behind on your monthly bills, or if you’re already behind and need some assistance getting back on track, credit counseling may be able to get you back on track with your finances.
Steps to Choosing a Credit Counseling Agency
A reputable credit counseling agency will offer free expert information about its services and potential solutions for your debt problems. As per the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), here are a few basic questions you should ask:
- What types of services are offered? A reputable credit counseling agency will offer a variety of services, which include both credit counseling and debt management.
- Is the agency accredited? To make sure the agency is legitimate, be sure to check their accreditation. Are they recognized by the Better Business Bureau? If so, what is their rating?
- How are they funded? Is the agency nonprofit or for profit? This is a very important distinction to make, and while not all for-profit agencies behave in the same manner, most tend to charge higher fees and sometimes recommend services that aren’t in the best interest of the consumer.
- How much do they charge? Expect to pay an initial setup fee and then a monthly fee equal to about averaging about $30 but no more than $55.00 per month, which can vary depending on your location.
- Is your information private? Never share your personal and financial information with an untrustworthy firm. Make sure your agency respects your concerns for privacy and recognizes your need for appropriate protection and management of any and all financial information you submit to them.
- Are their counselors qualified? One of the easiest ways to check an agency’s legitimacy is to check their counselor’s qualifications. You can contact local consumer protection agencies and the Better Business Bureau offices to inquire about an agency’s legitimacy.
- Is there a written contract? Verbal promises are “made to be broken,” so make sure all the terms and conditions are succinctly written out before signing any deal.
Wondering where we stand? Our A+ Better Business Rating and 20-plus years of experience make us an industry leader. Our highly trained and certified credit counselors will work with you to help put you back on track to financial recovery, and our nonprofit credit counseling services will help make sure you have the financial know-how to never fall behind on your bills again. We not only help you get out of debt, we help you stay out.
What to Have When You Call Us
Before calling in, make sure you have:
- Your most recent monthly credit card statement(s)
- Your monthly household income
- A list of your various monthly bills and obligations
Contact us online by filling out the form above, or call CreditGuard of America at 1-800-500-6489 for more information on our nonprofit credit counseling and debt counseling agency.
Certified Credit Counselors are available Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 10:00 pm Eastern, Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm Eastern, Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Eastern.
For more information on credit counseling, please visit: